Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Love Letter to a Girlfriend

A marine's love letter to his girlfriend

Dear Roseanne,

I can only make promises I can keep and please believe my word when I say its true, I will come back alive from Iraq for you. How I know that? I don't. But I believe that fate will treat us kindly, not take us apart. May it smile upon us and grant us to be together again.

In time, my dear, the pain of being alone and being far away from each other will come to past. I just want you to know I miss you terribly.

In my days here, when its hot and unbearable and unsafe, I think not of the immediate danger around me. I think of you because thoughts of you keep me safe. Thinking of you makes me aware of surviving. Because getting back home to your arms is all I think about to make the days here go by. So stay strong, my love. Time is on our side.

I love you always.

Your bear,
Charlie

No comments:

Post a Comment